Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Music Review

Whats up loves? Its a sundae afternoon and probably everyone is out right now enjoying their weekend! Its ok.. Im gonna stay home, got a lot of things to do.. Meanwhile, I would like to share you guys whats hot and new on my play-list!

Cheryl Cole - Parachute

This UK pop queen is a former Girls Aloud member, she realeased some interesting singles last year but this year she released a new single, which is my personal favourite for now, titled Parachute. You guys are listening to it now. Do follow up on her previous single, 3 words, which featured no other than the famous Black Eyed Peas member / Producers, Will.I.am. You also will remember her from a duet she made with Will.I.am on Heartbreaker.

Catch on the Live version here.



Melanie Fiona - Give it to me right

Another UK artist that I think should deserve a better recognition for her music. To me she is the soulful version of Amy Winehouse. She kinda look like her too! She released this single last year but it seems her label was not promoting her that well. Beside this first single, her second single, It kills me, earned her a grammy nomination this year. Well done!




Kelis - Acapella

She is back! Im so happy for her. After giving birth to a baby boy, she is back working on her new album. In fact her new album will be out early this year, she also confirm that, "definately a video for this single" on her recent interview. This track was produced by David Guetta. Her new album, FleshTones, will also featured some of Will.I.am produced tracks. Definitely, a comeback with full of expectations from her fans.



I really hope the best for her, as you all know that US music market are not doing so good for the past years which result in many US artist making the run for it to the UK, trying to make an impact. I think the US should give a chance to new artist and not just concentrating on artist with looks and fame, a.k.a Rihanna, that they are missing so much on pure talent. Lets make it simple, US market are stuck! They are stuck in an era and not wanting to move on.

Sad.

0 comments: