Monday, September 21, 2009

Eid Mubarak

Hey looooves, its 11.48pm and its been a tiring day for me, WAIT! Let me rephrase that, its been a tiring day for most Muslims in the WORLD. Ok... Im just exagerating.

Anyhoo, as most of my friends know, every year, every first day of Eid Mubarak, Im always at home cause my mother is the oldest in the family and all my relatives come to my house. So I have listed the good and the bad part about staying at home.

The goods!
-People come my house and pay respect to my mom.
-I enjoy the time spend with them.
The baddy!
-I dont get to wear my new clothes like everyone else.
-I feel exhausted at the end of the day cause there will be a lot of cleaning to do!

But, at the end of the day, nothing else matter cause the time is well spend.

I think im blaBBering right now. Thats wat people do when they are tired right? Hmmmm...

Lets chqnge topic! I think kids nowadays posess lack of knowledge about their religion. I had a conversation with my niece the other day and she asked me, "Why must we fast?". I was shocked and speechless. She is like 6 years old this year and she was not even fasting or at least fast for half a day or at least try to fast! She even told me, "Even if I dont fast, I still get to celebrate Hari Raya. It doesnt matter."

Part of me feel that she is too young to understand but looking back at when I was 6, its totally different. At 6, I was able to fast and could actually understand roughly the message about fasting.

I dont want to get too political about religion here. I just want to make it clear that religion is as important as education. Religion is like a guide to our way of life. Without it, to me, theres no purpose in life.

Good night.
xxxxFutureClassicxxxx

0 comments: